Feder Sensei opened the first Aikido of Berkeley dojo in 1992. Since then, it has relocated several times before landing in the heart of Berkeley on University Ave.
The dojo is beautifully designed and reminiscent of a Japanese temple with a traditional shomen, kamiza, tatami-style mats, and calligraphy, quotes from O'Sensei, and historic photos adorning the walls.
- CAA (California Aikido Association) Division 2 affiliate
- Rank certified by Aikikai
- Frequent guest instructors and seminars presented by world-renowned teachers
- Easily accessible on foot, by car, bike, bus or BART
- Full Uchi Deshi (apprenticeship) program
- A sprung floor contributes to the comfort and longevity of our training
Students advance in rank when they have completed the required minimum training hours and pass a test administered by Feder Sensei and a board of examiners.