The Aikido of Berkeley dojo is reminiscent of a Japanese temple, nestled in the heart of the city.
- Rank certified by Aikikai (the home dojo in Tokyo)
- Frequent guest instructors and seminars presented by world-renowned teachers
- Easily accessible on foot, by car, bike, bus or BART
- Full amenities including shower and kitchen
- Full Uchi Deshi (apprenticeship) program
- A sprung floor contributes to the comfort and longevity of our training
Students advance in rank when they have completed the required minimum training hours and have passed a test administered by Feder Sensei and a board of examiners. The rank requirement worksheets below list the techniques that students are expected to know for each test.